A few weeks ago I attended the World Innovation Forum at the regal New York City Center, a two-day immersive look at what it means to build a culture of innovation, hearing from a broad range of speakers, across countless disciplines. From the experience, I came back to my work and personal life refreshed and invigorated, as is true of most conferences. I think what makes this experience truly unique is that unlike other conferences, Innovation is not an industry specific thing, and yet has become so widely desirable in so many facets of life. I found insights from this experience that I hope to carry across the broad spectrum of my creative endeavors, both personal and professional, and here, I plan to share them with you.
In order to pace these posts, I broke them up by speaker. Please click the links below to hear my thoughts on each of these speakers and their topics.
- Design Thinking – Mauro Porcini
- Michael Martin – Vibram- on Five Fingers
- Rebecca Henderson – Sustainable Corporate Values
- On Your Feet – The Art of Making it Up
- Will Pearson – Understanding Millennial Influencers
- Dan Pink – To Sell Is Human
- George Whitesides – Virgin Galactic
- Vivek Kundra – U.S. Government CIO
- Kairos Society Panel – Tomorrow’s Leaders on Today’s Problems
- John Kao – Mr. Creativity on Large Scale Cultures of Innovation